Senior Communications Engineer
Office: Vienna, VA
SYSTRA is a global leader in the mass transit and railroad industries. SYSTRA USA has a presence in multiple geographic locations across the country: New York (Headquarters), New Jersey, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC. SYSTRA has been a dominant force in US railroad operations for more than 30 years. Globally, our firm has implemented railroad engineering projects in over 150 countries.
SYSTRA is currently seeking a Senior Communications Engineer. The Senior Communications Engineer will undertake the development of, and manage requirements for engineering design duties in planning, designing, and overseeing a variety of telecommunications projects; responsible for project integration of transportation systems including electrical, civil, and mechanical systems. This position has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments with or without additional staff. This position will also mentor junior staff.
- Share business intelligence and resources with managers to facilitate new project and market development.
- Assist with technical proposals for new projects and help develop cost proposals based on client specifications.
- Manage assigned project work including scope, schedule, and budget and provide timely, quality milestone reporting.
- Plan and design communications for transportation systems and structures, following construction, client, federal, state, and local standards and laws, using design software and drawing tools.
- Analyze and review the design requirements to ensure match with customers' specifications.
- Follow QA/QC policies and practices and identify possible quality and safety issues within the scope of the project.
- Preparation of plans for design, installation, testing and commissioning of communications systems.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Review and seal design drawings, if licensed.
- BS Degree and a minimum 7+ years of experience in telecommunications engineering.
- Experience in the field of design, installation, testing and commissioning of communications systems.
- RF experience required.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Ability to develop technical and cost proposals.
- Experience in the rail/transit industry highly desired.
SYSTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.